The best toddler beds for all toddlers approach the stage where they’re a little too overgrown for their cribs yet not big enough to sleep by themselves on an adult bed. Switching up your toddler from a crib to a bed is not as easy as it sounds.
It gets difficult for both the parents (for the fear of their toddlers’ safety) and the toddlers themselves (it’s definitely not easy switching their sleeping space from their usual cribs where they’re used to some other strange space).
Toddlers are sensitive and delicate, and choosing their beds requires much consideration.
Listed below are the top five toddler beds in the market specially chosen to suit all parenting and toddler needs while switching them up from their cribs.
The toddlers will definitely fall in love with the beds and will have an easier time moving from their cribs while giving their parents peace of mind in the process.
Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed, Disney Minnie Mouse
Make them come true with Disney Frozen Toddler Canopy Beds. They offer comfort and style to your little royal ones as they sleep. These beds evoke the toddlers’ favorite characters and stories to dream about.
It has Colorful graphics on the headboard and footboard that will help spark your child’s imagination and cause a flurry of excitement. It’s Finished with two attached guardrails to help keep your little one from falling out of bed while sleeping.
The Disney Frozen Toddler Canopy Bed provides the independence your young one needs while keeping her safe all night. They’re Recommended for children aged 15 months.
The charming character artwork is with a bit of fantasy and a touch of whimsy that will make the sleeping time too long.
The bed is low, sitting at only about 8 inches off the floor making it easy for your little one to get in and out without needing help.
The bed is very sturdy but has only three thin metal bars to support the mattress, one at the head, one in middle, and one at the foot.
- Recommended for ages 15 months plus; Holds up to 50 pounds
- Features 2 attached guardrails Uses a standard crib mattress (sold separately)
- Sturdy steel frame and high quality plastic construction Assembled dimensions: 53.94 L x 29.13 W x 26.18 H Inches
- Easy assembly
- JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM
Dream On Me, Classic Design Toddler Bed
This bed is designed especially for toddlers who’re transitioning from a crib to a bed, and it features two side safety rails that will ensure protection for your toddler.
It sits low to the floor for ease in getting in and out of bed and is reinforced for stability with a center leg.
All products for this bed are designed with the safety of your little ones in mind, firm and steady plus durable to last your child long enough throughout their playful years.
Truly, the beauty of this bed lies mainly in its simplicity and the tone-down colors of the beds can beautifully fit into any room without the need for excessive furniture selection.
The other good thing about this toddler bed is that you’ll also not go through the struggle of having to purchase a new bed in case of another toddler in the future, regardless of their gender. Both girls and boys will be well suited for this kind.
Overall, the bed is quite affordable and worth its cost.
- THE PERFECT TRANSITION BED: The bed sits low to the floor, making it easy to get in & out; It comes with two side safety rails & is reinforced for stability with a center leg; All user manuals & assembly tools are provided with the bed during purchase
- STYLISH DESIGN: The Dream On Me Classic Design Toddler Bed is ideal for toddlers as they make the transition from a crib to a bed; Minimalist in design, the solid wooden bed has gently arched head and footboards and smooth curving rails and beams
- SAFETY FIRST: The toddler bed is JPMA certified and designed to meet or exceed all applicable ASTM and CPSC standards; It is free of phthalates, latex, lead and BPA and its design is ergonomic, stable and sturdy
- EXCITING COLORS: The toddler bed fits into any nursery theme, thanks to its simple classic design and available in non-toxic, beautiful finishes; Choose from alluring shades
- PRODUCT SPECS: The dimensions are 53 L x 28 W x 30 H inches and it weighs 16.5 lbs; It can accommodate a child up to 50lbs; Choose any Dream On Me non-toxic, Greenguard certified standard crib mattress for a perfect fit
Thomas & Friends 4 Piece Toddler Bed
Make the transition from crib to toddler bed fun and easy with the Thomas the Tank Engine Tod. This train bed promotes imaginative play as kids pretend to go on an adventure with Thomas along the island of Sodor.
It is recommended for children from the age of two years and above. The bed is extremely easy to assemble for the parents.
Has a storage compartment behind the smoke stack where your toddler can place their toys or any other items close enough. The bed fits a standard toddler/crib mattress making the transition from crib to bed easy and fun.
The bed comes with a three-dimensional friendly face.
- Complete 4 piece toddler bed set includes lightweight comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet & standard pillowcase
- Super soft, fade resistant 100% brushed microfiber polyester for comfort & easy care
- Fun colorful Thomas & Friends design featuring Thomas the Tank Engine
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low; Rolls up for storage & travel
- Coordinates with other Thomas & Friends bedding & décor from Jay Franco
Dream On Me Emma 3-in-1 Convertible Toddler Bed
The Dream on Me Emma 3-in-1 Convertible Toddler Bed is not only a stylishly versatile toddler bed but also transforms to accommodate the ever-changing needs of your child’s room.
The bed easily transforms from a toddler bed into two child-sized chairs/sofas and a table.
Emma’s simplicity and elegance are suitable for all types of nursery décor. Whether you wish for a richly decorated nursery or you lean towards minimalist styling, this toddler bed will fit right in.
Its smooth, flowing lines and gentle curves add a touch of sophistication. It is designed low to the floor with safety guard rails allowing children to get safely in and out of bed. For the mattress, a wooden mattress support rail is provided.
The bed is reinforced for stability with center legs and four safety side rails.
The dream on me Emma 3-in-1 convertible toddler bed is the perfect transition for toddlers, who have outgrown their cribs but are still too small for an adult bed.
- CONVENIENT TRANSITION BED: The Emma 3-in-1 Convertible Toddler Bed sports a low-to-floor & patented design making it easy for your child to get in and out of bed. The bed comes with four wooden safety side rails and is reinforced for stability with center legs
- 3-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY: The Emma converts easily from a toddler bed into two child-sized chairs/sofas and a table that complement any room setting. Little wonder then that it was voted the BEST CONVERTIBLE of 2020 by parenting.com
- BEAUTIFUL AESTHETICS: Whether you want a traditional toddler room or a modern one, the elegant Emma fits in easily with its sleigh design featuring smooth, flowing lines and gentle curves. Built of New Zealand pinewood, it is available in non-toxic brilliant finishes
- SAFETY FOCUS: All our products are designed with the safety of your children in mind. The Emma is JPMA certified & meets/exceeds all applicable ASTM and CPSC standards. It is free of phthalates, latex, lead and BPA and its design is ergonomic and stable
- PRODUCTS SPECS: The bed dimensions are 56L x 29W x 28H inches. Each chair measures 29L x 29W x 18H while the table is 29L x 14W x8H. Choose any Dream On Me non-toxic, Greenguard certified standard crib mattress for a perfect fit. Max weight limit for the bed -50 lbs
Delta Children Wood Toddler Bed, Disney/Pixar Cars
Delta Children was founded around making safe, high-quality cribs affordable for all families.
With its brand new authentic Lightning McQueen car design and strong and sturdy wooden frame, your little one will surely be racing to bed every night. The Cars Wood Toddler bed also serves as the perfect transition for your little speed racer from crib to big boy bed.
It meets all the safety requirements for your child while sleeping. The sideboards are long enough to prevent the child from falling. The bed is low enough, technically almost on the ground to allow your toddler in and out of it by themselves without any risk of falling over.
It’s fairly easy to put together. It is big enough for the toddler to roll over, stretch and play while on it.
- Space saving functionality. Built in study area with multiple shelves on each side for storage. Perfect addition to any kid or teen's room (or even dorm room).Item Dimensions:80"L x 60"W x 14"H.Max.weight recommendation:200 pounds
- Features 2 high side rails to ensure your little one's safety while transitioning to a big kid bed
- Assembled dimensions: 54.53 L x 29.92 W x 18.90 H Inches
- Easy assembly
- JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM
Types of beds for child
Usually, when the time comes for a toddler to shift from their cot, there are a number of options for a child’s first bed:
- Toddler beds – These are small, low, and child-sized. They have guard rails on all sides and come in playful designs.
- Regular bed – A common choice is a mattress, box springs, and bed frame (with all sides protected from fall-outs). Consider a double or bigger size to accommodate the night-reading ritual.
- The mattress on the floor – A popular choice is a mattress or futon on the floor. This provides your little one with a big-kid bed, but one that prevents any painful falls.
- Bunk bed – Hold off on a bunk bed until your child is 6 years old when it is considered safe.
However, toddler beds are more suitable based on the advantages they possess over other options for a toddler. Below are some reasons why you should consider a toddler bed over other options for your child.
Advantages of Toddler beds
• All toddler beds are designed with the sides high to protect the baby from falling off in case they roll on them and they feel safe while sleeping too.
• Toddler beds are all low enough close to the ground to allow the toddlers to get in and out of the beds without help from an adult. This increases their independence n sleeping or waking up.
• Their size. Toddler beds will fit in even smaller rooms and even though the room is big enough, a good space will be left, big enough for the toddler to play and store his/her toys in. It makes it much easier to fit everything they need into a shared room.
• They are relatively cheap compared to other options.
• Toddler beds are designed specifically for toddlers and for the purpose of shifting from a crib in preparation for a larger bed hence all the best interests of the toddler plus the parents are considered in their making.
Finally, toddler beds are comfortable to sleep in for toddlers, exciting, and make the sleeping time a thing too long. due to their fancy and colorful make, it’s easy to get your toddler to love toddler beds compared to other options.
Cons of a toddler bed
Depending on the rate of growth of your child, the toddler might outgrow the toddler bed a little bit too quickly. Even though the toddler doesn’t outgrow the toddler bed too quickly, he/she will not use a toddler bed for a lifetime you’ll need to purchase a bigger bed when the time comes for that. Considering that aspect, this means toddler beds can be a money waste to some.
Most toddler beds are plastic, which means they may not necessarily be all durable.
When Should You Move Your Child From Their Crib To The Toddler Bed?
If a child sleeps well and is comfortable in his cot, don’t rush the change. Switching to a bed gives a child freedom but may bring new issues to have to deal with for parents.
Here are the most common reasons to switch leave the crib:
- When he/she learns how to climb. Needless to say, once your baby can climb the crib, it’s risky for him/her since they may fall off while doing so. It’s the right time for the toddler to switch to a toddler bed.
- When your child has outgrown t hot either by his age or not his size, some toddlers grow at a huge rate and even though their ages might not be enough to take off the cot, they may be struggling to fit comfortably into the crib. In such a case, get a toddler bed for your toddler.
- If your child asks for their own bed by themselves. This means they’re comfortable doing so, which is a good thing.
- When you’re potty training the toddler, if your child is learning how to use the toilet, even if your child uses the bathroom during the day, it’s often a long while before bedtime dryness happens. It’s also easy to change the bedding when the toddler messes with it at any time.
When a new sibling is on the way. If your little one loves his crib, then suddenly moving him from the crib to give room for the newborn may be stressful. If you feel that the time is right then make the change two months or more before your newborn arrives.