According to researchers, the reason you are having trouble getting quality sleep is that you are sleeping on the wrong pillow. For decades, people have been thinking about the mattress they sleep on, the colors in the room, and the type of bed they sleep on.
However, you also need to think about the comfort and support offered by the pillow you use. Bamboo pillows are lightweight, naturally hypo-allergic, and breathable.
They are also great for both adults and kids. The only disadvantage is their price. But, like most people you will soon realize the value of your money.
What is a bamboo pillow?
Bamboo is a woody tree-like grass that grows in wet areas. It has a lot of functions including the making of furniture and recently, fabric. When spun into fabric, it produces one of the softest materials on the market.
It is harvested naturally so you do not have to worry about chemicals and allergens that are found in most of the fabrics sold. When used on pillows, you get the most comfortable feeling.
Some users have likened it to sleeping on a fluffy cloud. They are praised for being breathable, therapeutic, and controlling the temperatures of the users.
6 Facts about bamboo pillow
Like with all new things, people have myths that determine why they do not accept those products regardless of how great they are. While there are bamboo pillows that are made horribly, also some are made quite comfortable.
Here are a few facts that you should know about before you buy the best bamboo pillows:
- They contain very little bamboo. Most of these pillows are not filled with bamboo fabric. They contain shredded materials that vary from brand to brand
- The shredded material is cased with a cover made from bamboo
- FTC ordered companies to eliminate rayon in their creation of bamboo fabric
- Pillows made of rayon are toxic and have been linked to cancer although rayon is derived from bamboo
- Hypo-allergic is just a label. There is no way to test whether products cause allergies because allergens vary from one person to another
- These pillows are great as they reduce back pain and promote good posture
Why you should buy bamboo pillows?
Getting quality sleep is critical for your health
It is called beauty sleep for nothing. Getting adequate sleep revitalizes your skin and reduces wrinkle occurrences. It also allows your mind to remain sharp, and retain memory.
These pillows are naturally organic and have dust mite and microbial resistance. They are soft to the touch and will help if you have issues like acne, migraines, and hair loss.
Promote good posture
If you suffer from neck and back pain, you know what a huge difference a good pillow can make. Most manufacturers make their pillows adjustable and ergonomic. Other than sleeping on the pillow, you can use it when you sit to make yourself more comfortable.
They are also a great option for pregnant women who need back support both as they sleep and when they sit.
Most come with zipped compartments that allow you to increase and reduce the stuffing as you want. This allows you to customize the shape and size of the pillow making them perfect for stomach, side, and back sleepers.
Protects your skin
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It is an organ that received the most abuse from the environment you live in.
Choosing the best bamboo pillow is helpful for you because they are organic. They do not expose your skin to toxins and pesticides that will cause harm to your skin.
With this pillow, you can escape most long-term conditions and discomfort.
Maintains a cool temperature
The last thing you want is to wake up drenched in sweat. Bamboo pillows are absorbent.
They also allow your sweat to vaporize faster allowing you to sleep well throughout the night without worrying about sweating. T
hey also absorb heat from a user during the cold season thus keeping you warmer. This feature also keeps you more relaxed in the summer.
Bamboo has naturally occurring substances known as bamboo-kun, which give the plant protection against fungal infections and pests. This substance also makes the covers anti-bacterial and thus resistant to dust mites.
They do not have chemical additives and they, therefore, do not spark allergies. These pillows are therefore ideal for people who suffer from conditions like asthma.
Our Top Picks: 6 Best Bamboo Pillows
#1. Snuggle-Pedic Adjustable Cooling Pillow
Give yourself a queen-size treat by investing in a pillow that feels different from the others. When others feel conforming and comfortable, they also have a lot of work to keep them fluffy and in shape.
With all the efforts, however, it is still not possible to retain them in that position all night. This is something you will not be worried about when you invest in this pillow.
It has a suitable design that accommodates all sleeping styles. The pillow comes in three different sizes, standard, queen, and king sizes.
It will guarantee you get the right size based on your specific needs.
- Dust-resistant, hypoallergenic components
- Easy to care for, fully machine washable
- Different sizes for comfort
- Convenient for pregnant, back and side sleepers
- It is highly expensive
- Adjustable - Find your perfect match! Whether you prefer firmness or softness, this side sleeper pillow includes Adjustable shredded memory foam that lets you choose the way you snooze.
- Certified - Rest easy knowing our memory foam pillow is both Certi-PUR-US and GreenGuard Gold Certified. No more losing sleep over your pillow's lack of quality.
- Kool-Flow Tech - Just when you thought this pillow couldn't get any cooler! The breathability and Kool-Flow Tech of our bed pillow makes sweating while sleeping a thing of the past.
- Machine Washable - Need a wash? Skip the wondering! Toss our viscose of bamboo pillow cover right in the washer - no stress!
- USA Made! - Our bed pillows & positioners are super durable, built for everyone, and best of all, made in the USA and developed by chiropractors for pain-free nights.
#2. Bamboo Pillow Memory Foam
Get relief from various seeping conditions such as insomnia, snoring, allergies, migraines, back and neck pains, and many others by using a Bamboo pillow.
It retains its shape and size for all-night comfort. The pillow accommodates all sleeping positions including back, side, and stomach positions.
It provides you with optimal comfort all night and ensures you get appropriate air circulation all night long.
Instead of snoring through the night, the pillow encourages sweet dreams and peaceful sleep.
The breathable fabric ensures that you get fresh air through the night for maximized comfort.
- Removable polyester blend cover
- Machine washable
- Convenient for all sleeping styles
- Breathable design
- It gets really hard and uncomfortable, especially in the first few uses
- PLEASE NOTE: AFTER YOU TAKE THE PILLOW OUT OF THE PLASTIC BAG JUST PUT IT IN THE DRYER FOR 5 MINUTES AND IT WILL FLUFF UP TO NORMAL SHAPE IMMEDIATELY
- Provides relief from several sleeping issues, including snoring, neck and back pain, and TMJ
- Bamboo pillows allows for optimal comfort, cooling, and air circulation during sleep. Machine washable zippered bamboo and polyester blend cover
- Nice pillow firm, super soft and aligns to any sleeping style, including stomach, back, and side sleepers. Queen Pillow Measures: 19" x 28" King Pillow Measures: 19" x 36"
- Pillow Fabric: 40% Bamboo And 60% polyester
#3. Zen Bamboo Pillows for Sleeping
Bring a new elegant style to your bedroom for your personal comfort. Zen Bamboo fiber-filled pillow will ensure you get a queen-size rest all the time.
With this pillow on your bed, you will always miss getting back to sleep any time of the day. It will eliminate all neck and back pains that are common when you sleep on an uncomfortable surface.
This pillow is luxuriously stylish and comfortable to ensure you not only enjoy peaceful sleep but also wake up feeling energized to face the day’s challenges.
- Luxurious bamboo cover
- Fade, dust, and stain resistant
- Super plush material
- Durable design
- Suitable for all types sleepers
- The size is a little too thin and not suitable for overweight persons
- Plush Perfection - Our bed pillow set is the key to a great night's sleep. The high-quality fabric and stuffing ensure your pillow stays firm and fluffy, no matter what position you sleep in.
- Viscose of Bamboo Cover - The cover on our queen pillows provides a breathable, soft, and supportive barrier that ensures you stay supported while you snooze.
- Fade & Stain Resistant - Don't sweat stains while you sleep! These cooling pillows are stain-resistant and machine washable for a no stress, no mess experience.
- Stylish & Cozy - Fall asleep, stay asleep, and look great while doing it! Our ultra-comfortable firm pillows are a stylish addition to any bedroom.
- Great Gift - Know someone who just moved or could use a little extra cushion in their life? Get them a set of these luxurious bed pillows for the ultimate housewarming gift.
#4. Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft – Shredded CertiPUR Memory Foam Pillow with Washable Removable Cover
This is the time for you to sleep well and enjoy dreaming even though the circumstances are not working in your favor.
Having a peaceful and comfortable sleep guarantees that you will wake up strong with the required energy to innovate and recreate.
Resting your head on a comfortable pillow guarantees you the ability to face the day and stay motivated. This is exactly what you get by using a sleeping whale adjustable memory foam pillow. It has a convenient design that you can adjust to the size you find fit for you.
- Dust and stain-resistant cover
- Machine washable
- Accommodates all style sleeping positions
- Adjustable for customized support
- Compared to others, it is slightly expensive
- Finaly - You have found the one!
- Fully adjustable - You are in control
- Is your Pillow Green Guard Certified?
- We care - only the quality materials used!
- Made in the USA with domestic and imported materials.
#5. Sleepavo Memory Foam Pillows Queen Size Set of 2
Style your bedroom with comfortable and quality products to ensure that you and your partner are happy.
Your queen-size bed and mattress require a synchronizing pillow that will perfectly blend with the other beddings.
This pillow has a fiber duvet cover that will ensure your comfort is not compromised all night.
If you experience sore muscles, fatigue, and minor body pain, this pillow will give you relief. The bamboo style guarantees you durability and stability of the pillow. In other words, it will last longer and ensure you get the ultimate personalized comfort.
- Convenient for all position sleeping styles
- Enhances your mode with comfortable sleep
- Suitable for all-time use
- High-quality sleeping experience
- It is super stiff
- Shredded memory foam pillows: We've designed the best pillows for sleeping. Our memory foam pillows use a cooling shredded foam technology to keep you cool all night. The breathable cover keeps your pillow dry and provides maximum comfort.
- Washable pillow cases: Our cooling pillowcases are a great alternative to down or latex pillows. The pillow covers are also washable. Each memory foam pillow is made from 60% polyester and 40% viscous rayon.
- Can help alleviate common sleeping ailments: Our queen bed pillows can help provide relief from several sleeping issues including snoring, insomnia, migraines, neck and back pain, and TMJ.
- Great for all sleeping styles: These shredded foam pillows are great for side sleepers, back sleepers and stomach sleepers. The pliable memory foam conforms to the shape of your head and body keeping the spinal column in your neck and back aligned properly.
- Cooling queen size pillows: These cooling shredded memory foam pillows will never go flat. Once fully expanded, each pillow measures 28” x 17” x 8”. Memory foam is great for those who prefer soft or firm pillows. Pillows come with a FULL 10 year warranty.
#6. WonderSleep PREMIUM Adjustable Loft [Queen Size 2-Pack] – Shredded Hypoallergenic Memory Foam Pillow
Enjoy peaceful and comfortable sleep all night with a high-quality wonder sleep shredded memory foam pillow.
It has unique features that will ensure you get different comfort positions depending on what you want.
You can also adjust the foam fillings by either adding or removing them to ensure you get personalized comfort.
The adjustability is easy and you can do it all yourself at any given time. additionally, the pillow is dust resistant and breathable to allow fresh air all night long.
- Easy to use
- Quality material production
- 1-year limited warranty
- Enhances comfort and sleep
- The pillow is supper thin and does not bounce back
- [SET OF 2 Pillow] Adjusted Comfort - Wondersleep’s pillow features shredded memory foam filling that provides therapeutic relief for all sleepers. Add and/or remove foam filling to find the perfect comfort level and enjoy a personalized sleep experience.
- Safe and Sound - Featuring premium fabric to ensure your pillow stays cool and luxurious through the night. The pillow is made from 100% shredded memory foam, providing personalized support to your head, neck and shoulders, relieving pain and enhancing your sleep.
- Quality Materials - The pillow is wrapped in a breathable cover made up of 40% Viscose Rayon (via Bamboo) and 60% Polyester. It is dust resistant to provide users with undisturbed slumber. Also, the zippered cover and pillow are both machine washable.
- Easy to Use - To decrease firmness of pillow, remove foam filling and adjust to your sleeping comfort. To increase firmness of pillow, add additional foam filling Or fluff pillow and redistribute the filling.
- Recommended Care - To maintain firmness of the memory foam pillow, tumble dry in low heat once every 6 months.
What Is The Benefit of Sleeping On Memory Foam Pillows?
Memory foam pillows are also known as polyurethane foam. These low-resilience polyurethane foam pillows are made from polyurethane and other additional chemicals, which help increase the viscosity of the pillow and its density too.
This fact alone taken from NASA’s technology makes these pillows unique. When one goes to bed at whatever time of day they may want to do so, they are looking to find rest for their body even if for only a few minutes.
The wrong pillow can leave you feeling more tired than you were when you initially went to bed. Sometimes you feel like you have quite literary been carrying a truck on your back all night.
The right pillow will allow you to rest, so you have more energy to face life when you wake up.
The first benefit of foam pillows is that they help relieve back and other muscle pain. Thus, it helps you rest better. When your body rests on a foam pillow, it softens from the heat of your body’s appropriate points.
When the pillow softens, it gives greater support to your curves along the natural lines of your body, in turn, you have fewer aches and more rest all through the night.
Unlike other pillows that remain hard although the night and may harm you, memory foam pillows warm and soften with your body heat while remaining firm enough for you to have a restful night.
Keeps You at an Optimum Body Temperature
You know how cold it is during winter that sometimes even cuddling does not give you the kind of heat you need, putting on so many covers on your bed only gets heavy, and you wake up feeling as if you have been lifting weights all day?
Well, the fact that memory foam pillows absorb your body heat, and soften your natural body lines allows you to be warmer because the heat from your body is retained and helps keep you warmer all through the night.
The soft pillow also makes it such that you feel better rested and more satisfied with sleep. Having a warmer sleep all through the night will help you reduce the weight of your covers and thus allow you to rest better and wake up with a gush of energy.
5 Things to Consider When Buying the Best Pillow for Kids
Children sleep better at night than any other age group. They also tend to have rubber band bones and stretchy muscles, so they heal fast.
Therefore, your child may never complain that their pillow is bad.
However, a bad pillow will affect their development. There are several things you have to put in mind when selecting a pillow for your young one.
The type you want
Just as with adult pillows, you need to seriously consider the best type for your child. Children need a lot of support when they sleep. Proper support ensures that their developing bones and spine are aligned correctly.
A supportive pillow should reduce fidgeting, discomfort, and rolling thus allowing your child to sleep soundly through the night. Infants and babies need firmer pillows because they are growing rapidly and they spend most of their time in bed.
There are memory foam, inner springs, latex pillows e.t.c. That you have to choose from. You need to consider the pros and cons of each to ensure that your child gets the best support.
Buy a Pillow Your Baby Can Grow Into
One thing you need to consider as a parent is a fact that your child is growing daily. You need to invest in a pillow that will be great now but that they will still love when they are older.
In many cases, a child will sleep in the same bed for 4 years until they are 18 years and have gone to college.
A great pillow will last for years. In the beginning, they will not be heavy enough to damage the pillow.
However, as they get into adolescence, they will need to have great support and a pillow that is comfortable. So choose a pillow that she/he can comfortably use for 15-plus years.
Always Go For a New Pillow
Given that your child may be using the pillow for more than 15 years, it is important that you buy a pillow that will stand the test of time. In many cases, used pillows bring bacteria, lice, and bedbugs with them.
These can be hazardous to the life of your child. It will make sleeping a nightmare for them, they will always wake you in the middle of the night, and you may end up co-sleeping with them.
There is also the fact that most have body-fluid residue that is not hygienic for your child. While a new pillow will be costly, it will be worth it in the end.
Do You Both Like It?
Just as with buying your pillow, it is critical to ensure that you love how the pillow feels. So just lie on the pillow. It is also important that you let your kid lie on it so they can tell you whether it is comfortable or not.
Since they may lie on it even as adults, lie on it too and check whether it is something you want to sleep on too. How does the pillow feel to you? Is it too soft or too firm?
Does it have an uncomfortable odor? If your child loves two pillows, choose the one that is softer.
How much money are you willing to spend? The truth is that with technology and new pillows being made every day, it is easy for you to find yourself confused.
The price range can be quite steep. You do not have to buy an overly expensive pillow just because the salesperson tells you that their brand is simply the best.
After considering what your child’s needs are, you also have to consider how much it is going to cost you. Aim for something in the middle that is still high quality and durable.
4 tips you need to transform your bedroom into a perfect sleeping space
Exercising, lowering your caffeine intake, and having a consistent bedroom routine are all great ways to eliminate sleeping problems.
However, they often do not work on their own. Changing the conditions in your bedroom will increase the quality of sleep you get each night significantly.
Here are a few tips that will help you.
Cool your bedroom down
One of the main causes of sleeplessness is unreasonable heat during the night. When most people wake up at night and they are hot and sweaty, they are unable to sleep.
Always ensure that your sleeping temperatures are between 60-72 degrees Fahrenheit. If you do not want to leave your air conditioner on, you can use a ceiling fan.
Bamboo pillows also have a cooling effect and allow you to get enough sleep.
Invest in your pillow and mattress
You need to make sure that you have a mattress and pillow that is not lumpy or too flat.
Your pillow and mattress should give you enough back and neck support so you do not wake up tired. This will reduce your stress and make your night better.
If you are co-sleeping, ensure that you have enough space.
Choose the colors you use wisely
You have a suprachiasmatic nucleus that controls your internal clock. It uses the light signals that are received from your eye’s optic nerve.
If excess light is detected, you will be unable to sleep. Your bedroom needs to be dark. It needs to have dull colors that trigger your brain to sleep.
Do not keep a TV set in the bedroom.
Ensure that there are no noises that can ruin a good night.
If you live in a noisy neighborhood, consider getting earplugs or white noise that will offer some comfort.
Always make sure that you buy the right bamboo pillow from the manufacturer. Because of the numerous features and size differences, what is great for one person may not be great for another.
To get the best bamboo pillows, you must read online bamboo pillow reviews and conduct extensive research.